What to pack
There's no doubt that it'll be tempting to overpack when preparing for your move to Halls. Our advice? Don't give into temptation, just bring the essentials!
Sometimes overpacking makes us feel more prepared when in reality we end up with too much stuff to carry and unpack. Not only will you need to think about the realities of transporting all of your items to Liverpool but also to your new room, so don't exceed your own limits! Wait to see what your flatmates have brought before making loads of new purchases. Rest assured that Liverpool is full of shops and there are plenty near to campus. Check out our Shopping in Liverpool article.
To make things easy for you, here's a list of some things will need for the first few days and so will definitely need to bring with you from home:
- Documentation / ID
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
- Bathmat (if you have an en-suite bathroom particularly)
- Bedside/desk lamp
- Kitchen utensils - Make sure you have at least one plate, bowl, saucepan, glass and mug as well as a set of cutlery. Remember once you're here your flat will be your household and so it's best to wait and see what everyone else has bought before you start buying full sets of everything. If you will be living in a Studio you will need to buy your own cooking equipment as you will not be sharing a kitchen.
- Food to last you a few days before you head to the shops - see our tips on what to bring here.
- Bring some photos / memorable items and other comfortable items like cushions to make you feel at home.
To save time shopping and carrying lots of luggage, you can order kitchen, bedroom and bathroom items from UniKitOut straight to your room in time for your arrival. Shop with UniKitOut save 10% by using discount code LIVERPOOL10.
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni, click here for more information.
- Read Next
- An international student's guide to living in Liverpool 5 ways to build your CV while living in Halls Feeling homesick? Top tips for tackling food waste in Halls 5 ingredients or less: Broccoli Pesto Pasta 5 ingredients or less: Creamy Carbonara 5 ingredients or less: Chicken Curry Protecting yourself against MMR Daisy's blog: Making the most of your University time Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23
- What's in your room Halls Postal Address Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Exploring Liverpool - Albert Dock What to pack Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Becoming a Residential Adviser - 2022/23 FAQs Catering at Vine Court Items not permitted in Halls Travelling around the City and to Greenbank