What to pack
There's no doubt that it'll be tempting to overpack when preparing for your move to Halls. Our advice? Don't give into temptation, just bring the essentials!
Sometimes overpacking makes us feel more prepared when in reality we end up with too much stuff to carry and unpack. Not only will you need to think about the realities of transporting all of your items to Liverpool but also to your new room, so don't exceed your own limits! Wait to see what your flatmates have brought before making loads of new purchases. Rest assured that Liverpool is full of shops and there are plenty near to campus. Check out our Shopping in Liverpool article.
To make things easy for you, here's a list of some things will need for the first few days and so will definitely need to bring with you from home:
- Documentation / ID
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
- Bathmat (if you have an en-suite bathroom particularly)
- Bedside/desk lamp
- Kitchen utensils - Make sure you have at least one plate, bowl, saucepan, glass and mug as well as a set of cutlery. Remember once you're here your flat will be your household and so it's best to wait and see what everyone else has bought before you start buying full sets of everything. If you will be living in a Studio you will need to buy your own cooking equipment as you will not be sharing a kitchen.
- Long lasting food/tins to get you started before you do a food shop
- Bring some photos / memorable items and other comfortable items like cushions to make you feel at home.
Mains powered fairy lights, candles, incense sticks or anything else which may constitute a fire hazard or require a naked flame are not permitted in Halls. Battery powered fairy lights are permitted. Check out what else you cannot bring to University, click here for more information.
To save time shopping and carrying lots of luggage, you can order kitchen, bedroom and bathroom items from UniKitOut straight to your room in time for your arrival. Shop with UniKitOut save 10% by using discount code LIVERPOOL10.
- Read Next
- Vine HSC Beatlemania Trivia Night Greenbank HSC Movie Night Beat your score at the next recycling audit Greenbank Bike Workshops & Bike Hire Finding housemates to live with next year How food waste recycling is making an impact so far Feel Good Feb: Ollie's top Green Spaces to visit LGBTQ+ History Month - What's on? Living in Halls during Ramadan Advice by Abi : Feel Good Food This February
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool Requesting to move rooms