Moving on from Halls: Support available

Posted 3 months ago

Once you leave halls, the support you have will change

Before you move on from halls, get to know what support will be out there should you ever need it...

When living in halls, you have your Residential Advisers on duty each night as well as reception staff available 24/7. When the time comes to leave halls and move out into a local residential area, that support will look a little different. 

The chances are that you'll have a happy, enjoyable stay no matter where you live in the city. If you ever did find yourself in need of some support or advice, here are some organisations you can reach out to. Be sure to save this for later!

Liverpool Guild of Students

Your Students’ Union has a free, independent and completely confidential advice service which offers support with wellbeing, academic and housing related issues. Please visit the Guild website here to find out more or make an appointment. Your four elected Student Officers who work at the Guild are also on hand to listen to your issues and speak on your behalf to the likes of the University, if necessary. 

Liverpool City Council

The Council provides a range of services and advice on environmental, community and housing issues. You can contact Liverpool City Council to report problems with noise, refuse and recycling, parking and other local issues. Visit their website here.

Merseyside Police

Call 999 in an emergency. Call 101 to report urgent, criminal or antisocial behaviour. Report non-urgent incidents onlinehere. 

Liverpool Student Homes

A University-funded service for students in private accommodation, providing free housing advice to all students. Visit the LSH website here.

University of Liverpool Student Services

Offering support and welfare services through two teams: Student Welfare Advice and Guidance, and the Counselling and Mental Health Services, the central Support Services will be able to help you or point you in the right direction. Click here to see the range of support on offer.

Tenants' Noise and Antisocial Behaviour Guidance

This document lists everything from what is antisocial behaviour to statuary noise nuisance, and what to do if you're experiencing these issues - click below!

Tenants' Noise and Anti-Social Behaviour Guidance -Living in a Residential Community.pdf (1 MB)

If there is an occasion where you wish to make a complaint about noise and antisocial behaviour in the community, you can use the reporting flowchart below for guidance. You can also head to page 23 of the Student Community Guide for all the contacts you reach out to should you experience any problems with antisocial behaviour.