Winter Warmer Recipe: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
It doesn't get much better than a Spaghetti Bolognese to warm you up on these gloomy January evenings. Our recipe below is completely vegan and serves 6, so it's perfect for coming together for a flat meal!
- 500g spaghetti (vegan option here)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 carrot, grated and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Vegan Cheese (optional, recommendations here)
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and gently fry the mushrooms until golden. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more olive oil and fry the onions with the garlic until soft. Add the carrots and celery for a few minutes and then stir in the tomato purée, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Finally, add the mushrooms back in the pan along with the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock.
- Close the lid and bring to a simmer. Leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to pack instructions, drain and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Serve the pasta with the bolognese and add basil leaves and grated vegan cheese to taste.
- Read Next
- NEW: Register for HSC training - Saturday 8th October Taking care of your mental health Joining your HSC: Welcome Meetings What's your Halls sustainability pledge for the year? Win a £25 voucher! RA CPD session: First Aid Training - 12 November RA CPD session: Bystander Intervention Training - 9 November 5 steps to looking after your wellbeing About us: Halls Life What to pack/not pack for your year in Halls! RA CPD session: Active Listening - 23 November
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Halls Postal Address Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank