Winter Warmer Recipe: Sausage Ragu
Ragu is a super tasty, easy and quick mid-week meal that can easily be made vegetarian. This meal serves 4 and will take just under 30 minutes to make.
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 onion (white or red it’s up to you!)
- 1 large carrot
- 1-2 peppers
- 300g pork sausage (skin removed) or vegetarian sausages
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped (garlic powder can be a handy and cheap alternative for your cupboard)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g pasta of your choice
- Crushed chilli flakes (if you want to make it spicy!)
- Cheese of your choice to top
- Spray your pan with cooking spray or add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat up
- Add the onion, carrot, peppers and sausages to the pan and cook for approx. 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the meat is cooked through (juices should run clear and no pink in the middle). Continually stir the ingredients to ensure they don’t stick to the pan.
- If you want to make your ragu spicy, add 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli flakes. Add the garlic and chopped tomatoes before reducing the heat to medium and leaving it to simmer (bubble slightly) for 15 minutes. Regularly check and stir your pan.
- While this is simmering, boil a large pan of salted water and cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- Spoon your ragu over your pasta and top with cheese!
- Read Next
- Feel Good February in Halls Global Opportunities Welcome Mixer Melville and Tudor Formal Greeenbank Formals Dover and Philharmonic Formal Vine Court Formal Crown Place Formals Housemate Mixer Valentines treat bags Getting involved in your Hall's community
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank