Winter Warmer Recipe: Sausage Ragu
Ragu is a super tasty, easy and quick mid-week meal that can easily be made vegetarian. This meal serves 4 and will take just under 30 minutes to make.
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 onion (white or red it’s up to you!)
- 1 large carrot
- 1-2 peppers
- 300g pork sausage (skin removed) or vegetarian sausages
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped (garlic powder can be a handy and cheap alternative for your cupboard)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g pasta of your choice
- Crushed chilli flakes (if you want to make it spicy!)
- Cheese of your choice to top
- Spray your pan with cooking spray or add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat up
- Add the onion, carrot, peppers and sausages to the pan and cook for approx. 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the meat is cooked through (juices should run clear and no pink in the middle). Continually stir the ingredients to ensure they don’t stick to the pan.
- If you want to make your ragu spicy, add 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli flakes. Add the garlic and chopped tomatoes before reducing the heat to medium and leaving it to simmer (bubble slightly) for 15 minutes. Regularly check and stir your pan.
- While this is simmering, boil a large pan of salted water and cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- Spoon your ragu over your pasta and top with cheese!
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool