Winter Warmer Recipe: Easy Pea Risotto
Risotto is a lot easier than what it sounds and takes no time at all to cook!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 litre of hot vegetable stock
- 100g frozen peas
- If you want to add bacon to your risotto, choose 6 rashers of chopped bacon
- Add the butter and olive oil in a pan, add the onions and cook until they brown
- If you’re adding bacon, fry it in a pan for around 5 minutes until crispy
- Add 300g of risotto rice and the vegetable stock bit by bit. Stir the risotto regularly until the stock is absorbed before adding the next part of the stock. Repeat until all of the stock has been absorbed into the rice. This part will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in your frozen peas and season with salt and pepper. It should take around 3-5 minutes for the peas to cook.
- Once the rice is tender and your risotto is cooked, you can serve! Add some grated parmesan and season again for extra taste.
- Read Next
- Feel Good February in Halls Global Opportunities Welcome Mixer Melville and Tudor Formal Greeenbank Formals Dover and Philharmonic Formal Vine Court Formal Crown Place Formals Housemate Mixer Valentines treat bags Getting involved in your Hall's community
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank