Winter Warmer Recipe: Easy Pea Risotto
Risotto is a lot easier than what it sounds and takes no time at all to cook!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 litre of hot vegetable stock
- 100g frozen peas
- If you want to add bacon to your risotto, choose 6 rashers of chopped bacon
- Add the butter and olive oil in a pan, add the onions and cook until they brown
- If you’re adding bacon, fry it in a pan for around 5 minutes until crispy
- Add 300g of risotto rice and the vegetable stock bit by bit. Stir the risotto regularly until the stock is absorbed before adding the next part of the stock. Repeat until all of the stock has been absorbed into the rice. This part will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in your frozen peas and season with salt and pepper. It should take around 3-5 minutes for the peas to cook.
- Once the rice is tender and your risotto is cooked, you can serve! Add some grated parmesan and season again for extra taste.
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool