Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla
These Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas are an easy vegetarian (or vegan) snack or light meal that are filling and flavourful! This recipe makes around 10 quesadillas but they can be frozen and saved for another time.
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander (about ½ cup chopped)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (vegan option here)
- Seasoning – use whatever you have of the following and mix to your taste: Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Salt, Pepper
- Around 10 tortillas
- Drain the black beans and add them to a bowl along with the frozen corn (no need to thaw)
- Finely dice the onion, mince the garlic, and roughly chop the coriander.
- Add the onion, garlic, coriander, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning to a bowl with the beans and corn. Stir until everything is evenly combined and coated in seasoning.
- Place a half cup of the filling on one side of each tortilla and fold over.
- Add a very small amount of olive oil to a frying pan and cook the quesadillas over medium heat on each side until brown and crispy and the cheesy filling has melted.
- Slice into triangles then serve!
To freeze, stack the filled and uncooked quesadillas with a piece of parchment paper between each quesadilla. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. To reheat either microwave (for a soft quesadilla) or cook in a skillet on low heat (make sure to use low heat so that the filling has time to thaw and melt before the outside burns).
- Read Next
- NEW: Register for HSC training - Saturday 8th October Taking care of your mental health Joining your HSC: Welcome Meetings What's your Halls sustainability pledge for the year? Win a £25 voucher! RA CPD session: First Aid Training - 12 November RA CPD session: Bystander Intervention Training - 9 November 5 steps to looking after your wellbeing About us: Halls Life What to pack/not pack for your year in Halls! RA CPD session: Active Listening - 23 November
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Halls Postal Address Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank