What is a Hall Student Committee?
What is a Halls Student Committee?
Each Halls of residence has a Halls’ Student Committee (HSC) that anyone can be a part of. Each HSC is made up of residents who work together to make sure that everyone has the best time whilst living in Halls.
What do the HSC's do?
HSC’s are there to represent you. They identify any issues and make sure that students’ voices are heard at the University and the Guild.
They are also on hand to improve and enhance the student experience. They have a budget which can be used for events and activities or to purchase items to promote a sense of community within the Halls – making sure you all feel at home.
For example, previous HSCs have organised:
- LGBT+ Awareness Week
- Trips to Chatsworth House, Chester Zoo, Cadbury’s World and York
- Film and Pizza Nights
- Chinese New Year celebrations
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Charity events (e.g. Children in Need and Comic Relief fundraising)
- HSCs have also bought Xboxs, pool tables, table tennis and goal posts for their halls
Why should I do it?
Becoming a member of the HSC is an excellent way to make new friends and represent your fellow students. The HSC provides plenty of opportunity to develop skills you may not work on in the classroom, for example problem solving, budgeting, leadership, time management, planning and communication.
But don’t just take if from us – here are ‘three words to describe your HSC experience’ from ex-HSC members:
Fun, challenge and commitment (Alex, ex-Dover Court HSC President)
Fun, worthwhile, challenging (Emma, ex-Greenbank HSC President
Creative, educational, fun! (Lewis, ex-Melville HSC Member)
Memorable, enjoyable, fulfilling (Aimee, ex-Greenbank HSC Member)
Want to find out when your first meeting is, or just get some more information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to find out more about other societies at the University of Liverpool.
- Read Next
- Revision Food packs Revision Food packs Craft Night Halls for the Holidays Mixer Christmas Baking Kits 5 ingredients or less: Cheesy Pesto Pasta Bake Winter Warmer Recipe: Easy Pea Risotto 5 ingredients or less: Pitta Pizzas Winter Warmer Recipe: Sausage Ragu Exploring Liverpool: Christmas festivities
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Halls Life Activity Packs Catering at Vine Court