Volunteers needed - Paid Pneumonia Prevention Research
Are you… 18-50 years old? Generally well? A non-smoker? We want to learn about a bacteria called Pneumococcus which is the main cause of pneumonia.
In the study, you may receive a pneumococcal vaccine, you will have a small amount of bacteria put in your nose and samples taken to learn about the immune response to the bacteria. This will help us develop better vaccines to prevent pneumonia (as well as sepsis and meningitis).
• Have 1 injection (a licensed pneumonia vaccine or saline)
• Have a few drops of the bacteria put into their nose, twice
• Give blood, nose, throat and urine samples
• Attend about 15 appointments over 8 months (10-90 mins each)
• Be paid for their participation
Please contact Respiratory Infection Team for further information or see the poster below for details:
Register online: www.lstmed.ac.uk/arc-volunteer-database
Call 07740 410 290
Text 2VOL to 88802
- Read Next
- Leaving Halls for the Spring Break Staying in Halls over Spring Break? Here's what's on... Spring Break Mixer Staying safe when out and about Resilience and Wellbeing Workshop Support available to you Weekly Wellbeing Gestures Top tips for making the most of second semester How to make your money go further on your food shop 5 wellbeing podcasts to give a try
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank