Super Speedy Stir Fry
Stir fry is perfect for evenings when you have less time on your hands. It takes under 30 minutes to make and is packed full of tasty ingredients which will keep you energised and fuller for longer. Got leftovers? Use it for lunch the next day!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (you can also use sesame oil for extra flavour)
- 1 white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, finely chopped
- Handful of broccoli florets
- Handful of mushrooms, finely chopped
- Optional: 150g cooked chicken or any other meat, roughly chopped
- 300g cold cooked rice (to save even more time, try ready to use noodles instead)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (or you could substitute with hoisin sauce or soy sauce)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Chilli flakes or chopped chilli
- Add 1 tbsp of oil (or sesame oil) to the pan and heat on a medium-high heat. Stir fry the onion for 5 minutes then add the peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and chicken (if using) and stir fry for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the cooked rice into the pan and give the ingredients a good stir, breaking up any clumps of rice. If any ingredients stick to the pan, add a dash of sesame oil.
- Move the ingredients to the side of the pan making a well. Add 1 tbsp of oil (or sesame oil) to the middle of the pan and pour in the egg. Mix the egg quickly to allow it to scramble then combine with the rest of the ingredients. Keep stirring.
- Add the oyster sauce (or whichever sauce you choose).
- Once the ingredients are coated in the sauce and is thoroughly heated, it is ready to serve. Finish your dish by sprinkling spring onion and chilli flakes or chopped chilli. Sesame seeds or crushed peanuts can also be a nice addition.
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool