Scrumptious Spring recipes: Homemade Lemonade
As we move away from winter and finally have some sunshine, there’s no better time to make fresh, homemade lemonade for you and your flatmates to enjoy. This recipe is super easy and refreshing!
- 3 unwaxed lemons, washed
- 60g granulated sugar
- 500ml of soda or sparkling water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Mint (optional)
If you’re making this to share with flatmates, simply double the quantities above.
- Using a grater, remove the zest of the lemons (avoid the pith) and squeeze the juice from the lemons into a bowl
- In a saucepan, add the zest, sugar and half of the soda or sparkling water on a low heat
- Bring the syrup to the boil slowly and ensure that you stir regularly to help the sugar dissolve
- Once the syrup is at boiling point, add the lemon juice and remove the saucepan from the heat
- Once the juice has cooled down, strain it into a jug and allow it to chill before serving
- When serving, mix with the remaining soda or sparkling water with ice. Add a sprig of mint or additional lemon slices if you wish!
Enjoy your refreshing, homemade lemonade!
- Read Next
- Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What to pack What's on in Liverpool - Summer 2022 Shopping in Liverpool Getting to know Liverpool Leave Liverpool Tidy - donate your belongings! Moving into the community: 10 tips for moving in Moving into the community: Looking after your bills and budgeting Moving into the community: Keeping your home safe and secure Meningitis and Septicaemia
- What's in your room Exploring Liverpool - Albert Dock Halls Postal Address Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Becoming a Residential Adviser - 2022/23 FAQs What to pack Catering at Vine Court Moving in to Halls - All you need to know Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Items not permitted in Halls