Moving In - Top Tips
Welcome to all semester two arrivals! It's pretty exciting moving somewhere new but there is also a lot to think about. Here are our top tips for what to pack and plan for your first week and beyond...
Preparing to come to Halls…
- Complete your online induction before you arrive - this will be emailed to you directly and includes information on everything from fire safety to what to do on move in day.
- Don’t over-pack! Make a list of the basics you’ll need and remember there are plenty of shops in Liverpool. Check out our handy what to pack list. Also familiarise yourself with what items are not permitted in Halls.
- Bring photos and any other favourite home comforts to decorate your new home but be sure to leave room for photos of new memories you're about to make too!
- If you are travelling from abroad, do not forget important documentation e.g. your visa or your offer letter. Please see the UK Visa and Immigration web pages for further information.
- Familiarise yourself with your room number before arriving (you will find this on your accommodation license). Click here for guide to understanding your room number.
- Click here for more information on what to expect from your room.
- We appreciate that there’s lots to think about before moving. Take a look at our advice on mentally preparing for moving away to University.
The day has arrived… you’re moving in!
On arrival, your friendly reception team will assist you with checking in. If you have any questions, they will be more than happy to help!
- There are supermarkets in walking distance of campus such as Tesco Liverpool One and Aldi St Johns. You will also find smaller food shops located around campus which will be very helpful in the first few days of arrival.
- Staying in Greenbank? Your nearest supermarket is ASDA on Smithdown Road. You can also find a small Tesco within 5 minutes walk at the top of Greenbank Road.
- There are lots of places to eat and drink on campus too - find out more here.
- Get involved and say Hello! Even if you're feeling nervous remember that lots of others students will be in the same boat.
- Get out and about! Once you've met your flatmates it's great to go out and explore. There's loads of places to visit, check out our Exploring Liverpool recommendations here.
- Need to order something to Halls? Find your postal address in your handbook here.
Once you've moved in
- If you haven’t already, make sure you follow us on Instagram @livunihalls and join your Hall's Facebook group to stay up to date throughout the semester.
- Make time for some admin. We'd recommend using the University's Welcome pages as a guide to what to make sure you've done! Also, sign up to a doctors and scope out the library.
- Make time to explore your local area, and also be mindful of representing the University at all times.
- Get involved in life in halls - a great way to meet new people!
You're going to be moving to one of the greatest cities in the world so keep exploring! As well as your Halls, these are key accounts we recommend following to stay up-to-speed:
- Read Next
- Leaving Halls for the Spring Break Staying in Halls over Spring Break? Here's what's on... Spring Break Mixer Staying safe when out and about Resilience and Wellbeing Workshop Support available to you Weekly Wellbeing Gestures Top tips for making the most of second semester How to make your money go further on your food shop 5 wellbeing podcasts to give a try
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank