Liverpool bucket list
There’s so much to squeeze into your time in Liverpool! We’ve made things a little easier for you by creating the ultimate Liverpool bucket list...
1. Walk along the waterfront and visit Albert Dock
The Royal Albert Dock is home to some of Liverpool’s best restaurants, bars, cafés and museums. If you’re looking to take a stroll one evening, get wrapped up and take a wander through its historic buildings and look out onto the River Mersey.
2. Eat scouse
Scouse is a traditional stew made up of beef or lamb and vegetables. It’s a dish that’ll warm you up and it’s so good that we even have a Global Scouse Day! There are so many places you can try Scouse. Click here for some suggestions.
If you love to shop then you’ll love Liverpool. The city is proud to have lots of independent local businesses and shops which you can mostly find on Bold Street. Check out our recommendation on shopping in Liverpool here.
Looking for sustainable shops? Click here.
4. Spend a day at museums/galleries
There are so many cultural activities for you to see and do! Plus, lots of our museums and galleries have free entry. Why not spend a day wandering around the Walker Art Gallery or World Museum? Some smaller art galleries that you can find in the city centre are at The Bluecoat and Fact.
5. Eat on Bold Street
Liverpool does not go short on places to eat and drink. Bold Street captures so many different types of local, intendent restaurants that offer delicious food! How many restaurants can you visit on Bold Street?
6. See the city from a view point
When you live in a city full of so many incredible buildings, it’s only right to see them from a view point. You can visit the top of the Anglican cathedral for a 360-degree view of the city, see if you can spot your Hall! The roof top garden at Oh Me Oh My is open later in the year or try the Liver Building viewing platform for a bird’s eye view!
7. Ferry across the Mersey
Take the River Explorer cruise and spot Liverpool’s three graces! See the city from new angles and learn all about the city’s musical heritage.
8. Visit a park
You may live in a city but green space is never far away! Right near to campus you’ve got Falkner Square and St James garden’s to stroll around. Just a short bus away from campus is Sefton Park and Greenbank Park. Find out more here and how you can get there!
9. Football stadium tour
Are you a football fan? Liverpool has not just one but teams! Visit a stadium, walk through the dressing room and see where your favourite football player walks through. Find out more here.
10. Visit the Beatles Museum
Visiting the Beatles museum is a must for any Beatles lover! Why not take a picture with the famous four afterwards?
- Read Next
- Leaving Halls for the Spring Break Staying in Halls over Spring Break? Here's what's on... Spring Break Mixer Staying safe when out and about Resilience and Wellbeing Workshop Support available to you Weekly Wellbeing Gestures Top tips for making the most of second semester How to make your money go further on your food shop 5 wellbeing podcasts to give a try
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank