Perfect for quenching your thirst on a sunny day, homemade lemonade is perfect for you and your flatmates to enjoy. This recipe is super easy and refreshing!
- 3 unwaxed lemons, washed
- 60g granulated sugar
- 500ml of soda or sparkling water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Mint (optional)
If you’re making this to share with flatmates, simply double the quantities above.
- Using a grater, remove the zest of the lemons (avoid the pith) and squeeze the juice from the lemons into a bowl
- In a saucepan, add the zest, sugar and half of the soda or sparkling water on a low heat
- Bring the syrup to the boil slowly and ensure that you stir regularly to help the sugar dissolve
- Once the syrup is at boiling point, add the lemon juice and remove the saucepan from the heat
- Once the juice has cooled down, strain it into a jug and allow it to chill before serving
- When serving, mix with the remaining soda or sparkling water with ice. Add a sprig of mint or additional lemon slices if you wish!
Enjoy your refreshing, homemade lemonade!
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool