Perfect for quenching your thirst on a sunny day, homemade lemonade is perfect for you and your flatmates to enjoy. This recipe is super easy and refreshing!
- 3 unwaxed lemons, washed
- 60g granulated sugar
- 500ml of soda or sparkling water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Mint (optional)
If you’re making this to share with flatmates, simply double the quantities above.
- Using a grater, remove the zest of the lemons (avoid the pith) and squeeze the juice from the lemons into a bowl
- In a saucepan, add the zest, sugar and half of the soda or sparkling water on a low heat
- Bring the syrup to the boil slowly and ensure that you stir regularly to help the sugar dissolve
- Once the syrup is at boiling point, add the lemon juice and remove the saucepan from the heat
- Once the juice has cooled down, strain it into a jug and allow it to chill before serving
- When serving, mix with the remaining soda or sparkling water with ice. Add a sprig of mint or additional lemon slices if you wish!
Enjoy your refreshing, homemade lemonade!
- Read Next
- Leaving Halls for the Spring Break Staying in Halls over Spring Break? Here's what's on... Spring Break Mixer Staying safe when out and about Resilience and Wellbeing Workshop Support available to you Weekly Wellbeing Gestures Top tips for making the most of second semester How to make your money go further on your food shop 5 wellbeing podcasts to give a try
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank