Halls Life bloggers wanted!
The Halls Life team are offering an exciting opportunity for residents to blog about living in Halls and have it shared on the Halls Life website and @LivUniHalls social media!
We want you to share your experience of living in Halls! We want to hear from you whether you've got some top tips, advice or want to write about your experience and share it with current and future residents!
It doesn't matter whether blog/article writing is new to you or if you have lots of experience already... this opportunity is open for everyone to have a go! It's a fun way to for you to talk about your personal experience and interests and by taking part, you can gain valuable experience in article/blog writing and develop new skills for your CV e.g. communication, time management, creative skills.
What does the opportunity involve?
All you need to do it pick a theme or topic to write about and put together a short article or blog (around 400 words). You can include images to go with your content (they must be your own images or copyright free).
We understand that you will have lots of commitments already and this should take no more than 1-2 hours for you to write.
How to submit a blog?
Get in touch with your blog idea by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll ask that you send a draft of your blog and please free to attach images to accompany the blog. You're welcome to include a small bio about yourself to let us know who you are! Please include your name and student ID when you get in touch.
What can you write about?
Here are some themes that we recommend you write about:
- Your experience of living in Liverpool e.g. favourite places to visit, shop, eat/drink
- Advice that you would give someone on moving in day
- Your experience of living in Halls (from the perspective of a UK or international student)
- What to pack/what not to pack when moving into Halls
- Activities in Halls that you enjoy/would recommend e.g. a Give it a Go trip, Activity Packs
- Your 'go to recipes' that you make in Halls
- Top tips for living in Halls
- Sustainable ways of living in Halls
If you have another Halls-related idea or theme that you would like to write about, please send your suggestion to email@example.com, we’re open to hear your ideas!
Will all the article/blog entries be used by the Halls Life team?
We aim to publish as many of your blogs/articles as possible. Whether we can publish all articles will depend on the blog’s suitability. Please remember that you are a representative of the University and that your blog must be in line with our key messages.
Important points to consider:
- To take part in this opportunity, you must be a current resident in Halls
- Once you’ve submitted your article, it’s possible that the Halls Life team may offer suggestions/edits before it can be used. This is to ensure that your article is in line with our key messages and we ask that you are open-minded towards any suggestions we may put forward
- You will have the option to anonymise your article/blog if you prefer
- By submitting an article/blog, you are confirming that you are happy for your article/blog to be shared on the Halls Life platform and social media. Your submission will not be used on any other platform or any other purpose
- Your submission must be entirely your own work
- Not all submissions will be published/used by the Halls Life team
Good luck, we can't wait to see your entries!
- Read Next
- Feel Good February in Halls Global Opportunities Welcome Mixer Melville and Tudor Formal Greeenbank Formals Dover and Philharmonic Formal Vine Court Formal Crown Place Formals Housemate Mixer Valentines treat bags Getting involved in your Hall's community
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank