Easy Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are perfect for breakfast or for a snack on-the-go. It takes just 5 minutes to prepare and you can wake up to a ready-made delicious breakfast… all week! The best thing about overnight oats is that you can make them to suit your taste.
50g rolled oats (it won’t work with instant oats, only rolled oats)
120 ml milk (you can substitute with plant-based milk or yoghurt)
A topping of your choice e.g. sliced banana, berries
Combine your oats and milk (or substitute) together in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- For a banana flavour, add a mashed banana to your oats
- For a chocolate twist, add two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- For sweeter overnight oats, add a tablespoon of honey
Once combined, add your mixture to a glass jar or container, cover up and leave overnight in the fridge.
In the morning, serve your oats chilled straight from the fridge. Before eating, top off with sliced banana, berries, chia seeds or a spoonful of peanut butter…whichever you prefer!
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool