Easy Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are perfect for breakfast or for a snack on-the-go. It takes just 5 minutes to prepare and you can wake up to a ready-made delicious breakfast… all week! The best thing about overnight oats is that you can make them to suit your taste.
50g rolled oats (it won’t work with instant oats, only rolled oats)
120 ml milk (you can substitute with plant-based milk or yoghurt)
A topping of your choice e.g. sliced banana, berries
Combine your oats and milk (or substitute) together in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- For a banana flavour, add a mashed banana to your oats
- For a chocolate twist, add two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- For sweeter overnight oats, add a tablespoon of honey
Once combined, add your mixture to a glass jar or container, cover up and leave overnight in the fridge.
In the morning, serve your oats chilled straight from the fridge. Before eating, top off with sliced banana, berries, chia seeds or a spoonful of peanut butter…whichever you prefer!
- Read Next
- NEW: Register for HSC training - Saturday 8th October Taking care of your mental health Joining your HSC: Welcome Meetings What's your Halls sustainability pledge for the year? Win a £25 voucher! RA CPD session: First Aid Training - 12 November RA CPD session: Bystander Intervention Training - 9 November 5 steps to looking after your wellbeing About us: Halls Life What to pack/not pack for your year in Halls! RA CPD session: Active Listening - 23 November
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Halls Postal Address Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank