5 ingredients or less: Chicken Curry
This recipe is ideal if you're looking for a quick, go to recipe with only 5 ingredients. This recipe can be made vegetarian/vegan by substituting the chicken for chickpeas.
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp medium curry powder (choose the level of spice depending on your taste!)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- If you like onion, you can add this to help thicken the sauce!
- Start by cooking your chicken over a medium heat until cooked thoroughly (the chicken pieces must be white all the way through with no visible pink). The chicken will be cooked once it starts to brown. Use 1 tsp of olive oil or a few sprays of cooking spray to make sure that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan. If you choose to add chopped onion, add it now and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, turmeric, tomato puree and mix well. Quickly followed by 400 ml of water to the pan. Try to make use a pan which allows the water to cover the chicken.
- Allow the curry to simmer for 20 minutes and stir frequently to avoid it stick to the pan or becoming too dry. If you notice that the curry starts to dry up, add a splash of water.
- To thicken the curry, turn the heat up to allow it to boil for up to 5 minutes but make sure that it does not stick to the pan during this stage.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or samosas! Enjoy.
- Read Next
- NEW: Register for HSC training - Saturday 8th October Taking care of your mental health Joining your HSC: Welcome Meetings What's your Halls sustainability pledge for the year? Win a £25 voucher! RA CPD session: First Aid Training - 12 November RA CPD session: Bystander Intervention Training - 9 November 5 steps to looking after your wellbeing About us: Halls Life What to pack/not pack for your year in Halls! RA CPD session: Active Listening - 23 November
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Halls Postal Address Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank