5 ingredients or less: Chicken Curry
This recipe is ideal if you're looking for a quick, go to recipe with only 5 ingredients. This recipe can be made vegetarian/vegan by substituting the chicken for chickpeas.
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp medium curry powder (choose the level of spice depending on your taste!)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- If you like onion, you can add this to help thicken the sauce!
- Start by cooking your chicken over a medium heat until cooked thoroughly (the chicken pieces must be white all the way through with no visible pink). The chicken will be cooked once it starts to brown. Use 1 tsp of olive oil or a few sprays of cooking spray to make sure that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan. If you choose to add chopped onion, add it now and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, turmeric, tomato puree and mix well. Quickly followed by 400 ml of water to the pan. Try to make use a pan which allows the water to cover the chicken.
- Allow the curry to simmer for 20 minutes and stir frequently to avoid it stick to the pan or becoming too dry. If you notice that the curry starts to dry up, add a splash of water.
- To thicken the curry, turn the heat up to allow it to boil for up to 5 minutes but make sure that it does not stick to the pan during this stage.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or samosas! Enjoy.
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool