5 ingredients or less: Broccoli Pesto Pasta
A jar of pesto and dried pasta are the ultimate cupboard stapes while living out at University. In less than 15 minutes you can whip up a delicious, filling lunch with this recipe.
Pesto pasta is perfect for eating at home or taking with you on a busy day of lectures. It's also vegetarian friendly!
- 500g of any pasta (spaghetti or fusilli works well)
- 2-3 tbsp of pesto (red pesto can be a nice alternative too)
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Handful of parmesan
- Chilli flakes
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Add a pinch of salt to season while cooking.
- In a separate pot, add the broccoli to the pan and boil for 4 minutes until soft. Drain and use a fork to break the broccoli into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta, pesto and broccoli in a bowl and sprinkle the top with parmesan and chilli flakes for a bit of extra flavour.
- Read Next
- NEW: Register for HSC training - Saturday 8th October Taking care of your mental health Joining your HSC: Welcome Meetings What's your Halls sustainability pledge for the year? Win a £25 voucher! RA CPD session: First Aid Training - 12 November RA CPD session: Bystander Intervention Training - 9 November 5 steps to looking after your wellbeing About us: Halls Life What to pack/not pack for your year in Halls! RA CPD session: Active Listening - 23 November
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Halls Postal Address Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank