5 ingredients or less: Broccoli Pesto Pasta
A jar of pesto and dried pasta are the ultimate cupboard stapes while living out at University. In less than 15 minutes you can whip up a delicious, filling lunch with this recipe.
Pesto pasta is perfect for eating at home or taking with you on a busy day of lectures. It's also vegetarian friendly!
- 500g of any pasta (spaghetti or fusilli works well)
- 2-3 tbsp of pesto (red pesto can be a nice alternative too)
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Handful of parmesan
- Chilli flakes
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Add a pinch of salt to season while cooking.
- In a separate pot, add the broccoli to the pan and boil for 4 minutes until soft. Drain and use a fork to break the broccoli into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta, pesto and broccoli in a bowl and sprinkle the top with parmesan and chilli flakes for a bit of extra flavour.
- Read Next
- Leaving Halls for the Spring Break Staying in Halls over Spring Break? Here's what's on... Spring Break Mixer Staying safe when out and about Resilience and Wellbeing Workshop Support available to you Weekly Wellbeing Gestures Top tips for making the most of second semester How to make your money go further on your food shop 5 wellbeing podcasts to give a try
- Everything you need to know about moving into Halls! Halls Facebook Groups 2022/23 What's in your room Halls Postal Address What to pack Understanding your room number Items not permitted in Halls Moving In - Top Tips Catering at Vine Court Travelling around the City and to Greenbank