5 ingredients or less: Broccoli Pesto Pasta
A jar of pesto and dried pasta are the ultimate cupboard stapes while living out at University. In less than 15 minutes you can whip up a delicious, filling lunch with this recipe.
Pesto pasta is perfect for eating at home or taking with you on a busy day of lectures. It's also vegetarian friendly!
- 500g of any pasta (spaghetti or fusilli works well)
- 2-3 tbsp of pesto (red pesto can be a nice alternative too)
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Handful of parmesan
- Chilli flakes
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Add a pinch of salt to season while cooking.
- In a separate pot, add the broccoli to the pan and boil for 4 minutes until soft. Drain and use a fork to break the broccoli into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta, pesto and broccoli in a bowl and sprinkle the top with parmesan and chilli flakes for a bit of extra flavour.
- Read Next
- Dover's International Fun Day Greenbank HSC Christmas Market Event Greenbank Christmas Movie Night Jingle Hall The Way 6 Winter Warmer recipes Making the most of winter in Liverpool Tips to prevent tailgating Advice by Abi: Managing the colder months Halls Table Tennis League NEW: Sport Equipment available to hire in Halls
- Halls Facebook Groups 2023/24 Halls Postal Address Items not permitted in Halls What to pack Mentally preparing for University Halls Life Activity Packs Travelling around the city and to Greenbank Liverpool's local must-see markets Join your Hall's Student Committee Shopping in Liverpool